Nina had her 2 month appointment today. It was chilly (in the 60's) so she wore her first turtleneck.
.JPG)
I can't believe how fast time flies. It feels like it was just yesterday we were taking her home from the hospital. I remember looking at her when she was only 4 pounds, praying for the day when she is normal size and stronger. Those days are here now! She is 9 pounds, 8 ounces, 22 3/4 inches long. She is in the 25th percentile for weight and 30th for height. And her head circumference is in the 50th percentile!! The doctor was very happy that she is gaining weight very well and sleeping well. Last night, she slept 6 hours! She must be going through a growth spurt - she feeds about every hour to 3 hours during the day and then every 4-6 hours at night. It's great...mommy is getting more sleep these days!
She had to get her first vaccines today - 5 total. I was dreading it so the doctor said we could spread them out so we did 2 today and will do the rest next week. Here she is with daddy right before...
It all happened in slow motion. She cried as soon as that needle went in. She had two shots, one in each leg. I think I cried more than she did - LOL! She let out some strong cries, then that was it. She was drowsy and slept most of the day but overall did well. Nina and daddy sleep in the same position!
.JPG)
One important thing - The doctor said she might have torticollis. It's where a baby favors one side. She tends to face right. I never noticed it, but once the doctor pointed it out...it's true. She always positions herself so her head is turned to the right. The doctor referred us to a Physical Therapist to give us stretching tips for her neck and recommended a lot of tummy time to strengthen her neck muscles. She will go next week. She holds her head up well but tends to face one side...like this!

1 comment:
Chilly in the 60's! It's -5 here now!
Post a Comment