Saturday, July 18, 2009

8 Months already!

Nina turned 8 months last week! It's been an exciting month with lots of changes. The newest thing this month is I finally went back to work. It's a part time accounting position less than 2 miles away from our condo. I leave Nina with her new nanny, Elisa from 9:30 - 3:00 pm. Since she is still breastfed, she is taking water and breastmilk from her sippy cup while I am away. And she is eating 3 times a day now. She pretty much eats everything, mostly baby food but will eat fresh blueberries, watermelon, cantaloupe, mashed avocado, corn on the cob, sweet potato, rice, chicken, cheerios and bread from us. Her favorites are prunes, anything with corn or squash in it, green beans, peas and lentils. Still no teeth but I can see two coming in on the bottom that should breakthrough in the next month. She has taken to her new schedule with Elisa very well. She loves Elisa and Elisa loves her - we are very lucky. She doesn't cry when I leave and is so happy when I get home - I rush home everyday to see her and she is all smiles when I walk in the door - it's a great feeling!

Nina is not crawling yet but is definitely attempting it. She sits up well alone and when there's a toy out of her reach, she lunges for it and falls on her belly to creep to it. She will turn around in a circle and roll over and over to get to things but hasn't gotten up on all fours. When she's in our laps, she gets really bold, jumping out of our arms like she is going to run away! She just won't keep still these days. She pulls herself up to a standing position when sitting and is trying to get up to sit when laying down - it's cute, like she's doing crunches!

She continues to love the water and we visit the pool at least once a week.
here's a video of her taking a dip with me:



She is sleeping alone in her crib and through the night which is great! She sleeps from 9 - 9, waking up before I go to bed and then again around 6am for feedings. Here she is happy in the morning before I left for work:

Nina has said many things EXCEPT mama - LOL! she says "dada" and "baba" all the time and has started spitting a lot, which is cute but not when she does it during a meal! here she is saying baba (excuse her outfit, elisa likes to match her colorwise a little too much):

and spitting:


It's so fun to see all the new things she does and watch her explore everything around her. I can't wait to see her crawl and take her first steps....she is growing so fast! Jeremiah and I are so in love with our little girl - life is GREAT!!

1 comment:

clarissanyc1 said...

SOOOO cuuuute! I especially love her making the farting noise with her mouth, and Lynn trying to get her to say mama..
theo