Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dr's Appointment and....

Nina went in to get a routine shot this past Thursday. Everything checked out really well. Nina weighs 18 pounds, 4 ounces and is 26.5 inches. She is 60th % for weight and 35th for height. She cried like crazy when I left and the doctor came in, I never saw her get like that - ahhh, separation anxiety. She is usually great with strangers. She's been passed around to pretty much everyone since she was born but I guess this is the time babies start to get stranger anxiety. The doctor was very pleased with Nina's progress and when I asked her about worrying about Nina not crawling and not having teeth yet, she said Nina is fine. She is pulling herself up, standing and said Nina may not walk at all - we'll see!

Sooooo, the doctor's appointment wasn't just for the shot. We also decided to get Nina's ears pierced! It was really hard. I never heard her cry that way EVER. It was shocking for me. BUT, 5 very long minutes later, Nina was back to smiling and laughing. Here are some before and after pics.

Here she is when the nurse came in to mark her ears. She's like "uh, what the heck is THAT!"

She always holds really still when we clean her ears. She was very good as they made the marks.This was about 30 mins later...And later that night...seemed like they didn't bother her at all.

No comments: